Old town - Ruše
Ruše, a small town, developed on the higher Drava's terrace below Pohorje, on the foundations of prehistoric and later Roman settlements. The town square is a core of the settlement with the central Mary's church from 1387 and the houses from the end of the 19th century.
You might be interested in as well ...
The Fala Castle is located on the lookout river terrace which is closed by the Falska Pečina from the west, and by the cliffs of the river on the north-west. Today, the castle has an owner who brought different objects into the castle that remind of the days of the Fala Lordship.
The Railway Viaduct on Smolnik is one of three preserved objects on the route of the Carinthian Railway. It was built in 1862 when the Maribor-Klagenfurt-Villach railway was constructed. The Railway Viaduct with three tall arches is made of large granite squares. Due to the typical technique of building bridges in the 19th century, and due to the natural material from which the railway viaduct is made of, this viaduct on Smolnik is classified as a technical monument.